Windsor Jane’s Walk Festival 2021 (May 7-9) is calling on community members to submit videos and digital artwork celebrating their neighbourhoods.
Submit artwork any time before the festival. Deadline for submissions is May 6 2021.
All videos and artwork will be released on May 7-9 2021.
Submit your work here or email submissions to Windsor Jane's Walk: Info@WindsorJanesWalk.ca
• You must follow rules around social distancing when creating the video. Please consult Windsor Essex Health Unit for the most updated guidelines: https://www.wechu.org/cv/guidelines
• Anyone can be part of Jane's Walk. Don’t feel like you have to be an expert—adding local voices and a variety of perspectives makes for more dynamic videos and artwork.
Theme: Postcards from Home
Submit a postcard about your neighbourhood (video, photography, poetry, prose, visual art, whatever!).
Create a Video: Create a video postcard about your neighbourhood. Think story, song, poetry, Google Map tour, powerpoint presentation, or anything in between. The only requirement is that participants follow safety rules around social distancing. Videos can be prerecorded or live (submit live videos here).
Digital Artwork: Standard postcard size is 4” x 6” or 5 x 7” but feel free to think outside the box.
For all submissions, please include:
• Your name
• The name of the neighbourhood
• Short description (max 3 sentences) of your work.
• Optional: social media handle or website
For art submissions:
Types of submissions recommended:
• Submit images as high quality .JPEG or .PNG
• Standard postcard size is 4” x 6” or 5 x 7” but feel free to think outside the box.
• Uploaded links to either a Youtube or Vimeo video. Please do not send video files.
• Upload audio to SoundCloud, Youtube or another accessible audio hosting site. Please do not send audio files.
Artwork will be shared on the Windsor Jane’s Walk website and social media.
Jane’s Walk is a volunteer-run, free festival with no corporate sponsorships or grants. However, we recognize the importance of artist labour and want to help contribute during this difficult time. Please let us know if you are interested in having prints made of your artwork. Windsor Jane’s Walk will facilitate the printing and sale of the art and the net proceeds will 100% go to the artist. We will not reproduce your work without your permission.
Windsor Jane’s Walk organizers retain the right to not publish artwork deemed off-topic or that violates copyright.